SHISHU POLLI PLUS HEALTH SERVICES FOR CHILDREN, SREEPUR VILLAGE, DHAKA
Local Partner: Shishu Polli Plus Years Funded: 2008-Present
Sreepur Village is a purpose built “children’s village” 60 km from Dhaka City run by Shishu Polli Plus. SPP provides assistance to destitute mothers and children. Their hope is to create a society where underprivileged women and children are provided with tools for a better life. Since its inception, SPP has rehabilitated thousands of children and hundreds of mothers. At present, 500 children and 150 destitute mothers live in the village.
Clinic and healthcare is a part of the holistic approach of SPP’s work which ensures preventive and curative medical care. SPP has a clinic on its own premises. Funding provided by BACHAO is used to:
- Improve primary health care services in the SPP’s areas covered by the project.
- Utilization of primary health care services by the Clinic of SPP’s beneficiaries.
- Child health and immunization, vitamin A- supplementation and de-worming for all beneficiaries
- Promotional activities in health, education and counseling
- Safe water supply for prevention of water borne diseases
- Solid and Clinical waste management
- Child and Maternal nutrition
- Non-communicable disease (NCD) control.
- Management of other common care.
- Adolescent Health Care.